Version 2.5.7 of the Akismet plugin for WordPress is now available. This is a maintenance release that fixes various minor bugs and includes some proactive security improvements. Changes include:
- Fix a bug displaying the Stats page in some versions of FireFox
- Fix mshots previews when using https
- Add .htaccess to block direct access to files
- Prevent some PHP notices
- Fix Check For Spam return location when referrer is empty
- Fix Settings links for network admins
- Prevent some prepare() warnings in WordPress 3.5
To upgrade, visit the Plugins page of your WordPress wp-admin dashboard and follow the instructions. If you need to download the zip file directly, links to all versions are available in the plugins directory.
Please note that Akismet 2.5.7 requires WordPress 3.0 or higher. We recommend all users of older WordPress versions should upgrade as soon as possible.