Today we’ve released another update for the Akismet plugin for WordPress, version 2.5.2. Check the Plugins tab of your wp-admin dashboard and follow the instructions to auto-update. If you don’t use the WordPress auto update feature, you can manually download the zip package from the Akismet plugin page on WordPress.org.
Like the previous 2.5.x versions of this plugin, it requires WordPress 3.0 or higher. If you haven’t upgraded to WordPress 3.0 (version 3.0.4 is the most recent) now is the time to take a look. WordPress 3.1 is at release candidate 2 so expect to see WordPress 3.1 coming out in the near feature.
Version 2.5.2 of the Akismet WordPress plugin includes some minor fixes and improvments:
- Increases the HTTP request timeout
- Fixed a typo in one of the function names
- Increases the height on the Akismet stats page to avoid double scroll bars
- Adjusts the style of author approved count and comment author name
- Specifically check for super admins when doing a user role look up on multisite installs
All of these improvements are also live on all WordPress.com hosted sites.
The Akismet plugin for WordPress isn’t the only thing we’ve been working on recently. We have a treat for Akismet users that will go live next week.
What is it you ask? I’ll give you a hint. It is an update to a feature that has stayed more or less the same since late 2008. I think you’ll really like it. Now, no more hints, you’ll just have to wait until next week when it goes live 🙂