Version 3.0.0 of the Akismet plugin for WordPress is now available.
This is a major rewrite of the plugin code. It includes many small improvements and some new features. In particular:
- An easier signup and activation process
- An even easier activation process for Jetpack users
- A redesigned configuration tab
- New stats charts (example shown below)
- A new discard feature for outright blocking of the worst spam
To update to version 3.0.0, just use the plugin updater in your WordPress dashboard. If you’re running WordPress 3.9, there’s no need to update. If you haven’t installed Akismet on your WordPress blog yet, follow these instructions to get started.
Thanks again to everyone who helped test the new plugin and offered suggestions and bug reports.